Saturday 28 April 2012

Bloody Dogs !

I was minding my business at Endrick Mouth this morning. Suddenly two dogs (fairly large, brown shitty colour) appeared on the track in front of me and started running towards, me growling and barking and showing teeth. Although one of them jumped up at me several times, I was not bitten, but nonetheless two aggressive animals running full tilt towards you is rather disconcerting. I was on a public footpath, so what gives an owner the right to have these things loose in the first place. I assume the 'responsible' owner, who was some 20 yards back, knows how the dog will react to seeing a stranger and as such surely needs to have the thing on a lead at all times.

Bird wise there were several Redstart, Grasshopper Warbler, Tree Pipit and 1 Osprey. Lots of Willow Warbler and Blackcap also. Still now whitethroats or Sedge Warbler yet though.

Redstart, taken at the same site last year

No comments:

Post a Comment