Friday 6 April 2012

'Good' Friday

A holiday from work and with Patricia off night shift & Rachel at a sleepover there was an opportunity, despite the dreary weather, to get out and look for Spring migrants.

The first port of call was Cathkin. I needn't have bothered because it was virtually birdless. 1 Tree Sparrow, a few Reed Buntings and a Buzzard was about it. I also spent some time trying to digiscope a Skylark:

Skylark where the Wheatears should have been













By now it had started to rain, but undaunted I went to Baron's Haugh. Several Chiffchaff singing nd I got a brief snatch of Blackcap.

A Water Rail showed wonderfully well from the Marsh Hide but because of the rain I had left 'bigma' in the boot.

After collecting Easter eggs for the family I got an e-mail from the Clyde Birding Group advising that the Drake Blue Winged Teal had been seen again this morning up at the South Gilmourton pools. Unfortunately, there was no sign by the time I got there. A few Fieldfare still around though.

Should I go to Lincolnshire tomorrow for this Thayers Gull ? Unfortunately I did ! See next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment