Sunday 1 April 2012

Snow Goose and More Summer Migrants

Early April is a good time for Goshawk and a visit to Keilder. However, given the price of diesel I decided to try Glentress in the Scottish Borders as a closer alternative.

First stop however was Douglas Water in South Lanarkshire where I had missed the Snow Goose last month. No such problems this morning as I quickly located it in a field just West of Loudon Pond with Greylags:




Also present was a single European Whitefront.

After this I made my way to Innerleithen in the Scottish Borders. The hoped for Black Grouse were not seen although there were several Red Grouse present. 3 Wheatears and a few Sand Martin were welcome Spring migrants.

At the Glentress viewpoint I failed to see Goshawk but the increasing cloud and the brisk Northerly wind were probably against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment