Tuesday 11 October 2011

A Quieter Day !

Now that all of the main birds were under my belt I felt able to take my time and amble round and look for birds rather than chase other peoples.

In truth there was a general scarcity of small birds. Even Chiffchaff appeared thin on the ground this year. I headed towards Porthloo seeing a Raven over Harry's Walls and not much else. Up past the golf course and Telegraph stopping at Newford Duck Pond where a Yellow Browed Warbler had been seen over the past few days. There was no sign in about 45 mins but 2 Firecrests and a Sedge Warbler were of interest.

Carrying on past Borough Farm, the Upland Sandpiper was showing extremely well :


Down through Holy Vale and on to Porthellick a Bluethroat showed briefly close to Camel Rock. It was to show far better later on in the week. Up over Porthellick Down and onward to Pellistry, I was seeing few birds but clocking up the miles. A Black Redstart was on the roof of Pellistry Farm.

From there I headed to the 'German' cafe where I enjoyed coffee and black forest gateau before heading back to Hugh Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment