Saturday 19 May 2012

Scottish Bird Fair

Visited the Scottish Bird Fair today with Patricia & Rachel. It was not nearly as big as the Rutland event, but then again I think I knew that before I went.

My first stop was the optics tent to try the new 8x32 EL Swarovisions. I was seriously impressed ! My Leica 8x42BA's (bought at the original Scottish Birdfair in 1997) are currently on E-Bay & if they do sell I will of course have to order a set of the Swaros. Dangerous places optics tents !!!!!!!!!

Since we did not get there until lunchtime we were quickly starving and in need of a bite to eat. Unfortunately, the organisers had seen fit to only have one hot food outlet. This resulted in us queueing for 35 minutes for a burger. If the event is repeated next year they will need to rethink their catering.

Otherwise the event was alright. It would have helped if the weather had been better (dull, with a cold wind off the Forth). Obviously nothing can be done about the weather but maybe they could have done with more exhibits ? Maybe that will come in time ?

No comments:

Post a Comment