Monday 30 August 2010

Winter in August at Tyningham, East Lothian

The weather over the Summer has hardly been spectacular but one nonetheless becomes used to comfortable day time temperatures where nothing more than light clothing is required. I left Glasgow at 7:30 am on Sunday 29th Aug with a slight breeze blowing and reasonable temperatures and despite seeing the forecast for "strong northerly winds in the East" I was completely unprepared for a day more akin to November than August. In short I was "bloody freezing"

I saw very little and certainly not the Semi Palmated Sandpiper that was first reported the previous day. The strong winds and squally rain limited me to a scattering of Dunlin and Ringed Plover and 2-3 Greenshank. I gave up at midday and vowed to pack warm clothes for future visits to the East coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment