Saturday 7 May 2016

Inversnaid

A reasonably bright & warm day with little wind. I started off at the upland section with the main aim of Black Grouse. Despite frequent & detailed scanning of the surrounding hillside I could not locate any.

I heard several Cuckoos but again I failed to see them. Other notables were drumming Snipe, Wheatear, Twite & Hooded Crow.

Down by the loch side I faired a bit better. Several Wood Warblers were singing & after a bit of patience I got on several Pied Flycatcher.

Good views of Redstart & Tree Pipit were had as well as a singing Garden Warbler. Down on the shores of Loch Lomond I had Grey Wagtail, Common Sandpiper & a  Dipper feeding close to the shore. A male RB Merganser was also seen close in to the bank.

View across Loch Lomond

No comments:

Post a Comment