Sunday 27 December 2015

South Cathkin

I have signed up for the 2016 Patchwork Challenge. I am hoping that it is going to encourage me to get out more locally. I have named it "South Cathkin" and it covers both Cathkin Marsh & the Heritage Loch. I have no idea how many species I am going to see & I am hoping I am going to stick to it.

The Heritage Loch is a popular local spot for walkers & joggers. There are lots of dogs & children & I am going to try & pick quiet times to visit it. Cathkin Marsh is a long standing SWT reserve & will be much quieter. I know both areas fairly well but had a bit of a trial run today. Goldeneye, Goosander & Snipe were the best at Heritage.

Common Snipe - I hope to see Jack in 2016
At Cathkin Marsh, Short Eared Owl have been the attraction of late. Today there were 3 birds present. A Raven was also of note.



Yellowhammer & Reed Bunting are present in small numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment