Sunday 13 December 2015

Short Eared Owls

Opportunities of late to get out have been restricted by the awful weather. Any time I've been free its been chucking it down. The forecast for today was much better but it dawned quite foggy & so it was late morning before I ventured out.

First stop was Hogganfield. There was nothing particularly unusual & I spent most of my time trying to take Gulls in flight & some of the wintering ducks.






Mid afternoon I headed to Cathkin Marsh in the hope of seeing some of the 5 Short Eared Owls that have been seen regularly of late. There were 2 birds present almost constantly. Getting a decent shot was another matter.


There were also 3 Stonechat, 2 calling Water Rails & a small mixed flock of Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting & Chaffinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment