Saturday 3 October 2015

Shetland - Day 1

The overnight boat from Aberdeen was very quiet which meant that I got some sleep and as a result I felt fairly refreshed by the time it docked in Lerwick at 7:30am. I picked up my hire care & after finding Norby (with difficulty) on the map set off west to twitch the Pechora Pipit which had apparently been performing admirably there the day before.

I stopped briefly at Weisdale Voe to have a look at the Gulls & managed to pick out a Little Gull:


Onwards to Norby however, despite searching there was no sign of the Pechora Pipit. I instead amused my self with 5 Scaup on the loch, 2 Great Northern Divers & Black Guillemots in the Sound and a couple of Goldcrests in the village.

Heading back east again I stopped at Kergord which was virtually birdless and again at Quarff where I had the briefest glimpse of  a Barred Warbler in one of the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment