Sunday 11 January 2015

More Feckin Rain

All it did today was rain. Constant, bloody rain ! I checked the forecast whilst still in bed & that's what it told me but nonetheless I still felt compelled to go out.

Low tide on the Clyde Estuary, so my idea was to drive to West Ferry & scan the mudflats from the car. That idea was quickly abandoned because the car was getting soaked even with the window just a quarter down. Anyway it was like night & I don't particularly like that sleazy layby.

Next idea was the Nature Centre at Lochwinnoch. That was at least dry & I had a nice chat with one of the staff. I saw a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a few Reed Buntings. The Aird Meadow had a couple of Whoopers & very little else. I decided it wasn't even worth getting soaked walking round to the hide so I went home & did the ironing.

A wet Reed Bunting through the glass at ISO2000

No comments:

Post a Comment