Tuesday 8 October 2013

Scilly Day 4

After 3 days of searching on Mary's, it was time for an off island. Based on yesterday's new Bryher appeared to have most to offer.

The Hell Bay Hotel seemed the best place to begin, no I hadn't suddenly become a millionaire, but rather scan its roof tops for a juv RC Starling. Lots of Starlings but no 'washed out' looking ones. My attention was drawn momentarily to Hell Bay where 2 Little Stints & a Curlew Sand were showing but soon it was back to roof top duty.

Again no sign of the bird so a walk around seemed in order and I even found myself a Yellow Browed:

A self found Yellow Browed Warbler






























I had almost given up on the Rose Coloured Starling when I suddenly blundered into it on the hill above Hell Bay with lots of other Starlings. Probably where I should have been looking all the time.

Round at Fraggle Rock a Whinchat was near the Campsite. A Rosefinch had also been seen close to the cafe, but it eluded me.

6 Common Scoter from the boat were noteworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment