Sunday 6 October 2013

Scilly Day 2

Full of enthusiasm I was out on Peninnis at first light. I was rewarded with flight views of the juvenile Purple Heron that has been around for at least a week now but little else.

Peninnis Head looking east


















A Scilly morning sky

















After breakfast I spent about 50 minutes at Shooters Pool in search of Spotted Crake. No joy but Water Rail and Sedge Warbler were notable:

Sedge Warbler in typical habitat





















From the ISBG hide I had better luck with both Purple Heron and a showy Bluethroat:

Bluethroat



























A self found Firecrest on the Garrison was nice and I got both Pied Fly and Reed Warbler here also.

Old Town churchyard provided an RB Fly, Pied Fly and Lesser Whitethroat.

The day was rounded off nicely when the Spotted Crake showed well id briefly on Shooters Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment