Monday 12 March 2012

Iceland Gull Again

Last day of my long weekend & so went up to the Heritage Loch for a look.

The Drake Scaup was still present, associating with the single Drake Pochard rather than with the 30 Tufties that remain present. More significantly, the 1st Winter Iceland Gull was again with the small group of loafing Gulls :


2 Oystercatchers were on the island and a Little Grebe was heard trilling from the 'nature reserve'.

I hesitate to call the Heritage Loch my 'patch' but it is handy, not a big area to cover and I have found it interesting to watch it over the past few months. As we move into Spring however, there is likely to be a lot of boating activity (indeed there was an inflatable there today) that will undoubtedly create disturbance and make it less attractive to birds. So how long I continue to watch it is open to question. 



No comments:

Post a Comment