Friday 10 February 2012

Nothing Really to Report

Following the previous evening's late night meeting, I was able to finish work at midday and head up to  Hogganfield. The weather was very dull & dreary, although it was not particularly cold and there was little or no wind. The loch was largely frozen although there was a large area in front of the car park that was open. After devouring a burger from the van I turned my attention to birding.

There was a sizeable flock of gulls loafing on the ice but I could not find anything particularly out of the ordinary. 35 Pochard were present but photography was difficult given the poor light. Rather than just capture a bird against a grey loch I tried to experiment with composition & captured this female Goldeneye:

Blurred Pochards top & bottom balance the shot. Or that's the idea anyway !























After collecting my suit from the dry cleaners, I went to the Heritage Loch arriving around 3pm. The loch was largely frozen but there was up to 500 Gulls present. Surely, I'm going to find something good in here ? Nope................... nothing !

Several GBB were present
1st Winter Black Headed
 C20 Fieldfares with maybe around 75 Starlings was a site tick as were 2 Stock Doves with Woodpigeons in adjacient fields. The Lapwing flock had now reached 46.

No comments:

Post a Comment