Saturday 18 February 2012

Ayrshire

Spent a pleasant day on the Ayrshire coast today. It was dry and bright apart from the odd light shower. There was however a cold brisk North West wind blowing.

I spent 2 sessions either side of luchtime at Loans with the telescope on the window mount scanning the Geese. There were at least 17 European White Fronted Geese in with a flock of Greylag. Additionally there was a flock of several hundred Pink Feet. The pools themselves held good numbers of Curlew.

After a quick stop at Barassie, where there was very little, I moved round to Troon Harbour where there was at least 1 juvenile Iceland Gull present:

Continuing the very good run of late






















I went back to Barassie for 3:15 pm and set the scope up on the window mount and did some Gulling. I was at least hoping for a Med and possibly the Ring Billed that has been about of late. However,during the full hour I watched all I could come up with of interest was a leucistic Black Headed Gull.

A detour to Tarbolton on the way home failed to locate any more Geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment