Wednesday 28 December 2011

Goosing (Or Not) at Slamannan

After my run round the Heritage Loch in the morning I spent some time looking through c100 Gulls that had come over from Cathkin Tip. An adult Great Black Backed was the pick of the bunch.

After dropping Rachel in EK in the early afternoon I went over to Slamannan to see if I could get a year tick in the form of Taiga Bean Goose, 157 of them had been reported from close to Hillend Farm c1 mile North of the village. Not an area I know. Could not find the birds, could not even find Hillend Farm. I really should try looking up Streetmap before I go ! Probably if I had parked in the school and looked across the fields I might have had some success ? 11 Whooper Swans was the only thing of note in the entire afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment