Monday 28 March 2011

Bit of a Bloater

The clocks went forward on Sunday which means that it is now light until about 8pm. Over the Winter I have got into the habit of a handfull of biscuits or such like after my dinner followed up by sat in front of the TV or PC. As a result I am a bit of a bloater getting.

Tonight was different. A walk around Cathkin and I feel much better for it. I wonder how long I can keep it up before I lapse back into my usual routine. No seriously, I have to do something, I have no intention of going to Greece in the Summer and looking like a beached whale. Excuse me sir can you come off the beach, the tide wants to come in.

One of the reasons for Cathkin was that I saw a report of 4 Wheatears there over the weekend. They appeared to have gone tonight although I am hopeful of seeing some there over the next few days or weeks if I keep at it, because I've had them there in previous Springs.

Nonetheless, despite dipping on Wheatears I did see 6 Tree Sparrows, 2 Yellowhammer, a Reed Bunting and a Stock Dove at the feeding site and I flushed 3 Snipe from the edge of Windlaw Marsh. A Buzzard and a male Kestrel were also notable.

No comments:

Post a Comment