Saturday 19 September 2015

Clyde Coast

I dropped Louise at Ib**x at 10:30 and headed along the M8 to West Ferry near Bishopton in the hope of seeing some waders. West Ferry is essentially a lay-by accessed immediately off the motorway & looks across the mudflats to Dumbarton:

West Ferry at low tide
I have commented before that I find this layby sleazy.Today was no exception. Gay joint !

Bird wise there were plenty of waders on the estuary but I could not find anything other than Curlew & Oystercatcher.

After leaving West Fairy I continued west and had a look at Cloch Point. I have seen Shearwaters & Skuas reported from here but the stillness of today did not lend itself.

I headed on to Fairlie in North Ayrshire again not seeing a lot other than common species.

Black Headed Gull

Black Headed Gull

Mute Swan

Red Breasted Merganser
Red Breasted Mergansers

Common Gull

Fairlie looking towards Largs

No comments:

Post a Comment