Friday 27 September 2013

Holy Island and Another Tilt at the Sardinian Warbler

Was on Holy Island for 06:30 am this morning. The causeway closed at 07:10 and so I had the island more or less to myself for about 4 hours. Despite this it was disappointingly pretty dead. 3 or 4 lingering Yellow Browed, 1 Wheatear & a single Pale Bellied Brent Goose was about it.

By 11am the causeway was open again and the bloody tourists arrived en mass. Time for a sharp exit.

Lindisfarne Castle on a murky Friday morning
















News was positive on the Sardinian Warbler at St Abbs and since I was passing, I decided to give it another go. The sun was out and it was singing and contact calling almost constantly but despite this is was still being an elusive wee blighter. I did however manage to at least see it fairly well albeit briefly this time. However, despite chasing it around with the camera for about an hour I completely failed to get even the hint of a record shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment