Sunday 30 December 2012

Blustery, but just good to be out.

The recent dreary weather got me looking at weather forecasts for somewhere reasonably close to home that might be dry and bright. The only place that appeared okay was East Lothian and so that is where I headed.

At Barns Ness, I quickly found the Water Pipit but digiscoping it successfully in a very stong wind proved beyond my limited capabilities:


Dodgy photo 1


























Flaring Supercillium & Wingbars just about visible.



























A Meadow Pipit - keeping low in the gale.

























After this I concentrated my efforts on the lighthouse:



The only other birds of note were a single Stonechat and a few Linnet.
 
I moved on to Aberlady by which time the wind had intensified.

Wooden Bridge at Aberlady
 
Aberlady Beach looking West


Sanderling on Beach
 

Gullane Point
 
Rounding Gullane Point I took shelter from a heavy shower. On a very rough sea I picked out c10 Common Scoter, 1 Velvet Scoter, 2 Shag and 1 Red Throated Diver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment