Saturday 30 April 2011

Twitching Garganeys

It has been nearly 2 weeks since I first started to dip Garganeys this Spring. First it was the ones at Lochwinnoch on the Barr Loch and last week the ones at Leighton Moss. The former have been appearing quite regularly on the pager ever since.

I had some spare time this morning so I decided to try for the Barr Loch ones again. Absolutely no sign...........again ! Indeed there was very little in the way of wildfowl at all. 2 Great Crested Grebe, a Goosander and a few Mallard and that was about it. Plenty of Sedge Warblers chattering away as well as a singing Grasshopper Warbler.

On getting home the pager proudly announced that there were 2 Garganeys at guess where ?..................... No, not Lochwinnoch that would have been cruel, but at Baron's Haugh. "Showing well in front of the Marsh Hide". I wonder just how close ? Whatever, it will no doubt be into the sun by the afternoon anyway. Indeed, it was :


Garganeys - Distant & into the Sun.

































Now that I've seen them, I'll probably see lots. If that's the case you won't find me complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment