Saturday 19 February 2011

Long Tailed Tits & Iceland Gull

The title is a bit of a contrast I know The former has been a regular on my feeder in the garden over the past few days. I put out some lumps of cheese packed into a fat ball feeder some 10 days ago. Other than Magpies nothing has really shown much interest.

I get Long Tailed Tit reasonably often in small parties but they never stay very long and have never shown any interest in any of the feeders. I have been aware that they do use feeders in some parts of the country but up until this week not with me. However, a pair have been gorging themselves, well as close to gorging as a Long Tailed Tit gets, on my cheese. And very welcome they are too.

Still good numbers of Siskin around the Cambuslang area including at least 2 on the feeders this morning.

A 3rd Winter Iceland Gull was in the roost at Strathclyde Park this afternoon. I picked it up in flight when it came in about 4:45 pm and since it was round at the Water Sports Centre side I raced round to get a better view. In almost darkness I took a record shot:

3rd Winter Iceland Gull - in near darkness
    



















Other than that there were several Great Black Backs and increasing numbers of Lesser Black Backs. There were c20 Goldeneyes present including several displaying males.

No comments:

Post a Comment