Monday 3 January 2011

Med Gull

Today was a bit brighter and my original plan of taking down the Christmas tree was shelved in favour of Hogganfield.

Highlight was catching up with the adult Med Gull that has been seen on and off at Hogganfield since perhaps November but up until today I had failed to connect with. I located it with Black Headed Gulls at the small burn mouth that runs into the loch near the playground. It soon however, flew on to the ice right in front of me. I wish all birds would be so accommodating.

Spot the Med

Soon flew on to the ice








The single Pink Footed Goose was again in with the Greylags and the 1 Teal from yesterday had increased to 2. A drake Shoveler hasd returned:

Drake Shoveler

Waxwings still around today with a flock of about 20 in trees on the East Kilbride Road just above the Cathkin roundabout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment